Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dear Ice,

I wanted to use this opportunity to express my appreciation for the thin, dangerous layer of frosting you laid down over Lafayette this morning. While it made a morning gym trip more treacherous than is typically expected, I am willing to forgive that fault because of the delightful two-hour delay which all public schools felt the necessity to utilize (despite the relative safety of the roads).

While working parents of school-age children scramble for alternative care, and children watch too much "Spongebob Squarepants," I get to avoid clinic and revel in my latest book/Bible study while sipping hot, black chai tea. I appreciate your willingness to expand my morning leisure time from the designated 15 minutes to a more desirable 45.

My soon-to-be finished laundry also appreciates the extra attention, and sends its best regards.

Love-love,

C

No comments: