Friday, January 1, 2010

2010!!! (and 2009)

Happy New Year!

I'm currently sitting at one of my best friend's kitchen table typing away on her laptop. (My poor little laptop, "Bob" was unable to make the trip with me due to a shortage of luggage room.)

In exactly 15 minutes we will be leaving for her rehearsal dinner, and tomorrow I'll watch yet another friend embark on the adventurous voyage of matrimony. This past month has been a month of weddings, as has been my summer, so one can only conclude that 2009 (and early 2010) is a popular time to tie the knot.

Other happenings of 2009...

I developed even more of an affinity for cooking shows, Paula Dean is on every time I cook.

I landscaped my own flower beds for the first time in my life. Not ALL the flowers died.

Yet another 365 days of being a grad student has passed. Only 218 more to go!

My little sister, Julie-Bop discovered what princesses are, and loves to act out climactic scenes from "Enchanted."

My darling friend, Bunny said "I do" to Mr. Ginger-Bunny (yes, he hates that name), and I did not cry during the wedding.

I went to NYC. Twice.

Vacationed with the fam, partied with friends. Led accountability groups, got up at 3 a.m. to study, discovered that I love working with elderly persons, and that I loathe doing dishes. Developed the perfect manicure technique, learned how to read non-fiction books, and didn't learn how to love running.

Last night, I watched "Pride and Prejudice" curled up in the corner of the couch, and cheered the new year (gently, between Mr. Darcy's wooing) with two couples (one married, and one almost).

Tomorrow, I get to watch a wonderful wedding between two delightful, beautiful people.

I'll try not to weep copious amounts of tears into my bridesmaid's bouquet, but 2009 was lovely and 2010 is off to a great start!

Happy 2010!!!

No comments: