Tuesday, August 26, 2008

**Lovin' livin' with the bro, even though I miss my room-age. Things are so different living with a boy!
(I know, I know- "duh!")**


Me: What does one wear to a wedding when one's date is wearing a mint green suit, and the the bride is anti-flowy, silky chiffon frou-frou?

Girl roomie: Hmm... well all you really own is flowy...

Me: I know! But I want to branch out and blend in. Besides it's outside and all dresses I own only look good with heels.

Girl roomie: You're right. Your three inch black stilettos.

Me: Exactly.

Girl roomie: That's a toughie. Maybe you should look around a bit. See what's out there?

Me: Ooooh! Good idea- shopping?

Girl roomie: I'm free Thursday and Friday morning. We can get Starbucks.

Me: Let's go Friday. Gosh, I hope I figure something out. If not... well, you know-

Girl roomie: Right- it's all about the bride anyway.

Me: That's what I was thinking. Now... what do you think about...

(conversation continues for 20 minutes.)

*********

Me: What does one wear to a wedding when one's date is wearing a mint green suit, and the bride is anti-flowy, silky chiffon frou-frou?

Al: A simply cotton dress with basic sandals. Put something in your hair and just don't care.

Me: Wow. You're good. And fast.

Al: Besides, everyone will be looking at your date anyway... Have you ordered the pizza?

Me: You're amazing.

4 comments:

blind irish pirate said...

The Bride is actually very excited to see what the Boy's "And Guest" will be wearing.

PS... my dress is chiffon. HAH the joke is on you.

COURTNEY said...

No way!!!

Well, I'm going to see you- in chiffon. Can't wait! ;)

J said...

I miss my room-age!!!

Anonymous said...

Your dad, in a mint green suit, was my date to a wedding once. He's the only one who could pull it off. No one noticed me.