Friday, August 8, 2008

Living Vicariously... through my Bunny

I have a sneaking suspicion that in another life I was an elementary school teacher. However, an uncanny affinity for language, anatomy, and hospitals led me more to the speech pathology field. But, that's not to say that I haven't, at sundry moments along the way, wished that I was a El. Ed. major. Last night I got the chance to live vicariously through Bunny, who will be a 6th grade teacher at FCS this fall. Bunny needed help with her bulletin boards, and one of my many suppressed El. Ed. tendencies is in my passion for bulletin boards...


This would be the bulletin board crew. (Ammy, Bunny, Worms) We're kinda like Charlie's Angels, only with construction paper and staples...
Look at the nice little touch! "Ammy" is holding in place the swing that I so thoughtfully placed on our magnificent tree. Bulletin Boards 101: Details make a bulletin board- mark it down. Bulletin Boards 202: Sacrifice all for the board. I stapled my hand for that branch it's hanging on.
This would be the finished product! The clothes pins up the side are students names- this will serve as a kind of job chart. The motto is "Branching Out In The Right Direction" (I know- it's totally cheesy! I came up with it!) and all the grass, leaves, and tree trunk are 3D. So much fun! (Aside from the two stapled fingers, Bunny wailing "It looks nasty" when the first paper was put up, and nearly nailing my chin on the frame when I fell off my chair three times.)

Before we miraculously intervened. I hope someone thought this was beautiful...


Thank you, Jesus for friends who have fun jobs I can mooch off of.

No comments: