Monday, August 18, 2008

You're wishing you were a Blake, aren't you?

It's a Blake family tradition... and although it may lay dormant through a large percentage of the year, it usually erupts like an out-of-control rash when we have birthdays and/or Christmas.

We like to wear hats.

"Aww! How fun, and cute!"

Nope. Not really.

Because not only do we like to wear hats, we prefer to wear hats of our own creation. Hats that no one else would ever think to wear. And hats that should never be hats in the first place...

Dad started it. For as long as I can remember he's worn packaging, wrapping, even the present itself. And clearly he never learned the "don't put bags on your head" rule...
I'm a follower. What can I say? Besides, it was pink. (You can also see I'm quite excited about my knife set. Who wouldn't be?)

Erika likes to create hats with a more rackish feel to them. Way to experiment with wrapping paper, sis.


Originally Julie just copied my original design, but she's smart. **refraining from Asian generalization... refraining from Asian generalization...**


So she created her own hat. What can I say? She's brilliant and unafraid of new things. Bravo, Bops, bravo!
Yeah... so some families do crafts, canoeing, board games and normalcy. My family? We do hats with a strong dose of crazy.

2 comments:

M. Kate said...

that was funny.

J said...

every relationship should have some dose of crazy :)