Tuesday, August 5, 2008

College Stupidity, #1 Memory Lane, West Lafayette

I'm a safe, sane, tame individual. This much is true.

I (as a general rule) obey all traffic laws. I pay my bills. I don't buy the expensive, fun shoes, because others are more practical. I rarely invest in any form of fun jewelry. I go to bed on time. I don't drink coffee more than three times a week. I eat fast food about once a week max. I go to church. I don't swear (unless under great duress). I don't do extreme sports. And I usually confine my reading to the classics.

All that to say, I'm a "safe" person.

But I have pockets of craziness...

The other night, I'm driving. I drive a stick-shift, and as much fun as that is, I often get bored- even with the radio on. I can't imagine what people with automatics do... But I digress.

I was driving down 52 for probably the three thousandth and eighty-first time in my entire life, and I started wondering what I could do to make this trip a little more eventful. Bunny is in the car with me, and we've just picked up Taco Bell. I turn to her,

"Pass me my burrito." Bunny the responsibly responds, "You're driving. Stick shift." I grin,

"I know. Pass it."

She complies, and I'm now eating a burrito and driving. My phone rings. Without setting my burrito down, still driving, I reach over and answer the phone, at the same time, I hear the radio (turned way down low) start to play my and Bunny's theme song. So, on the phone, eating a burrito, driving and stick shift, I reach over and turn up the volume- whoo-hoo!!!
Then (phone, burrito, volume, stick shift) I turn to Bunny and say, "Take a picture!"
That's when this was taken...


Today I drove off with a coffee cup on top of my car, and I thought, "Courtney, how irresponsible and careless!"
Then I remembered. Ah... how much can change in two years...

2 comments:

Mel Eik said...

Thank you for unveiling bunny's identity

blind irish pirate said...

I always wondered if your Bunny is equivalent to my DedHead. Apparently so.