Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Past Love, Promised Riches

My summer (actually all of 2009) has not been falling into place as I thought it should, and as I wanted it to.

Although God has been gracious enough to show me (in a small way) how He is using these unsettling events (loans, externship hunting, lack of funding, mind-numbing classes, overwhelming clinic) to help me grow, to mold me. I still spend some mornings, like this one, with my stomach in a bundle of knots as I try desperately to continue to breathe and focus on the blessings in my life.

God has provided in the past. And, as I was reminded this past Sunday- God not only gives us our past in order that we may write a biography some day, but also so that we can glean courage from the ways in which God has displayed his greatness and love to us personally.

He has always been there. He is wise. He is loving. He holds all the riches. And I need not worry...


And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!