Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In Need of Grace (and a work ethic...)

Lord,

I don't want to get up.

I have put off and back-burnered aspects of my life too long, and now I have to face the music.

I don't want to write reports. I don't want to clean. I don't want to re-write another slew of mid-semester evaluations.

I just want to stop. I want to stop trying. Stop working. Stop pressing. I want to just bask in the sun and smile contentedly at your goodness. (When I'm reincarnated (yes, I know that won't happen...)- can I come back as a cat?)

Lord, let the joy and peace I feel now suffuse itself into the need for a frantic work pace and unbending dedication to my work and my current "job" in this life.

Because I am not going to want to spontaneously wash those dishes on my own...

Amen.

No comments: