Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where I'm Supposed To Be...

I'm not supposed to be here.

I'm supposed to be cruising down 5th Avenue, avoiding the allure of Saks. I'm supposed to have basked in the musical, theatrical grandeur of "The Lion King" with my little brother beside me. I was supposed to be exploring Central Park, meeting all his amazing friends, and wearing my golden heels out, trekking from one end of Manhattan to the other.

Instead I'm here.

Curled up on a couch, sipping tea, sucking on sherbet, anything to soothe my persistently painful throat. I'm curled up under massive amounts of blankets, alternately shivering and then shaking them off. I can barely read. My grasp of words has flown. I'm sick. Very sick. More sick than I've been in years.

The only thing I can assume is that this is where I'm supposed to be.

And I have no idea why.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to get well. SOON.

Watch "The Lion King" anyhow. Try not to cry. Sob!