Friday, March 26, 2010

Blessings of a day on the couch

Today, curled up under multiple blankets...

Paula Dean(my Food Network icon) just made deviled eggs with goat cheese. It looked amazing, and I promptly boiled some eggs, despite my very obvious lack of goat cheese.

The sun was streaming through the windows, and the clean blue sky reflecting in my living room windows, and I curled up a little closer under my blankets and hummed a happy Easter song to myself.

My dad left me a funny message on my voicemail, and in the background I could hear Julie giggling.

Nothing can rival the comfiness of my brother's old, faded, soft sweatshirt.

As I curl up, napping amid comfy, down pillows, I reveled in my blessings.



Collecting blessings is my Easter hunt, and searching for tidbits of happiness is far more rewarding than any chocolate bunny and jelly beans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you as i read this. God bless. May you have plenty of warm sunshine days coming up!

Erika :) said...

Miss you sister.
I'll try to call soon :)