Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Introvert at lunch time

When everyone else crowds into the breakroom, ready to munch their hard boiled eggs and moist sandwiches, while discussing the drama of their morning...

I just want to go outside and soak up the sun. Alone. In the silence.

I feel constantly overwhelmed these days, and alone time... silence... peace... They serve to rejuvenate me in a way that hilarious patient stories fail to do.

Perhaps someday, when I'm less stressed and... new, I'll hard boil some eggs and chuckle over the little old lady who thought an allergy test was like surgery, but for right now:

Just give me the sun and a breeze... peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're standing your own ground, despite being new. I like it. You're not feeling pressured to go to the break room and socialize- very brave. Keep going girl!