Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My plan to pick-up soccer, join the military, and switch to engineering at a college in Manhattan prior to going to seminary.

Okay, so I've always thought of myself as a fairly content person. I'm not one to rock the boat. I like to think I don't whine. (Don't ask any of my friends or family about that one...) I'm easy to please, yada, yada, yada.

It's not true.

**sigh**

I wish it were, but over the past few weeks I've noticed a horrible trend. I'm envious.

If I'm all dressed up, and I see someone in sweat pants- I want to wear sweatpants. BUT if I'm in sweat pants and I see someone all dressed up- I want to be dressed up. I'll choose Mango-Pineapple V8 juice, get up to the counter, see that someone else has the Mixed Berry V8, and suddenly I'm mad at them for picking a better juice. (The whole aisle was stocked with Mixed Berry, I could have chosen it if I really wanted to.) I'm excited I graduated early (I never liked spring semester finals) then I see everyone going through spring semester finals and I turn a little green.

Unfortunately this is not confined to juice selections and finals. The persons I am most jealous of are my siblings. How crazy is that?

Alex is in engineering on a full-ride scholarship from the army. (Yes, I was jealous of the engineering and army. Why in the WORLD would I want to join the military and take Quantum Physics?)

Trevor is heading off to a college in Manhattan to prep for becoming a pastor. (Okay, who doesn't want to go to college in Manhattan... and I wanted to be a pastor before I found out only guys could do it...)

Erika is a freshman in highschool, playing soccer, and hangin' with friends. (I can't play soccer. I probably couldn't play any sport if my life depended on it.)

Julie's not so easy to envy... I'm still very grateful I'm out of diapers... ;)

But then I have to stop and remember. God saved me. He loves me. So he didn't just leave me where he found me, he's patiently working out all my problems and my kinks. And even though I may grouse about my life (which, let's face it, is actually really nice), he's very patient with me, and graciously gives me far more than I deserve.

So until the time I pick-up soccer, join the military, and switch to engineering at a college in Manhattan prior to seminary. I'll just remember Paul's words in Philippians: "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

great story Courtney! Also love the pic of you and markus! Glad to hear as well that you are "out of diapers"! lol.

I am envious of Trever going to Manhattan! How cool is that! Will pray for him and all of your family!

God bless.