Monday, April 21, 2008

Note to Self: Don't believe ABC Family movie previews

I am very well aware of the fact that I am corny. I'm a hopeless romantic, and my very obliging boyfriend has only served to destroy what little cold, hard, career woman exterior I had ever managed to assume.

I'm a sap.

Now that that's out on the open, I would like to confess something. There have been previews on ABC Family of a movie (alluringly entitled "Princess") which was set to air last night at 8 p.m. I cleared my calendar and turned down social engagements. (Actually, everyone else was busy and I needed something to justify my existence that evening...) . I was excited. Girly, princess movie (complete with tiaras and huge skirts of taffeta) here I come!

It was so lame.

I know most of you are shaking your heads, giving me a very harsh, "duh!" expression. But I was looking forward to a Princess, a dragon, a handsome rescuer, and a happily ever after. (Granted, there was a happily ever after, but nothing traumatic really happened before they reached that point...)

All I have to say is that the previews were very misleading.

Next ABC family movie I won't block out the entire evening.

I'll have a back-up plan, just in case it's cheesy...

No comments: