Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Epiphany of the week: clean out purse...

My car is nice. It's also new and safety conscious. As a result, it has a sensor on the front passenger seat to determine if a small child is sitting there. If the weight in the passenger seat is between a certain number of pounds, the car (wonderful Versa!) decides that a young child must be sitting there and (as a result) the air bag turns off.

The scale does not activate for weights below 20-something pounds, or over 60 pounds.

I don't have children. As a result, the little light to notify me about the disabled airbag never comes on.

Until yesterday.

I look around. No children in my car. Actually, no passenger whatsoever. I'm confused. Why is the passenger airbag off? The seat is empty except for my purse.

My purse....


Yes, so apparently I'm carrying around a bag that weighs as much as a small child.

This could help explain the recent tension I've been feeling in my neck and shoulders...

No comments: