Sunday, May 3, 2009

What if...?

I sit here, studying a subject I have little or no interest in (aural rehabilitation), and as I try to cram another fact about self-assessments and the hearing handicap index into my brain, I am very tempted to day dream. What if I hadn't chosen to become a speech pathologist? What if I had gone a different route? What would I be right now, if I hadn't bailed from a major that I decided on at the the young age of 18?

I'd like to be a writer for a fashion magazine- maybe eventually moving up the ranks to write for something like the New Yorker. I wouldn't want to do current events or anything like that- but I'd like to review restaurants, workouts, and make pithy statements about relationships...


Or I could be a party planner. I like that. All the details, all the people, all the artistic creativity. Of course, the hours stink, and I'd probably end up working other people's weddings and parties instead of ever planning my own. (Oh wait, I already do that...)


I thought about med school. I thought about it a lot. If it weren't for the cadavers...


Or a business exec. My Junior year of college I almost changed my major- or at least applied to MBA programs instead of SLP programs. I would love to own my own company- or work for one of those insanely competitive Fortune 500 company that would require 80 hours of work a week and jetting all over the world. Ahhh.... that sounds amazing....



And, hey, as long as we're shooting for dream jobs- I'd love to be a TV host. Like Good Morning America, or the Today Show. I can be perky in the a.m.!


I am so totally procrastinating...

No comments: