Friday, May 22, 2009

Red velvet cake adventures and a subsequent decision

Today, Julie and I embarked on an adventure.

We made a red velvet cake.

Trevor's birthday is tomorrow, and to celebrate the inauguration of his 19th birthday, Julie and I made a red velvet cake from scratch. Red velvet is Trevor's favorite, so red velvet the cake must be.

Have you ever made a cake (from scratch) with a three year old? How about a cake that requires two full bottles of red food coloring? How about a cake, from scratch, with red food coloring, and a final addition of puffy baking soda and vinegar- perfectly calculated to explode in an inquisitive three year-old's face?

We ended our cake adventure (debacle, explosion, catastrophe, your choice) singing to "Hillbilly Rockstar" while dancing around the kitchen in our aprons.

It was a total and complete blast. And it made me decide something...

I want to be a mom. And, just in case that doesn't work out, I've created a back-up plan:

I'M GOING TO OPEN A PRE-SCHOOL!

It will be awesome.

2 comments:

The Baker Family said...

LOL!! Anytime you want to practice your cake making with a three year old, just give me a call! We love cake and we have a three year old (whom we love dearly!)!

Kristi said...

what - no pictures? :o)