Saturday, March 7, 2009

My mom sent me a picture text this morning. As soon as I saw it I dove out of bed, scrambled into my most comfy sweatshirt and dashed down the stairs.

I was at my parents' house in fifteen minutes, plate in hand, smile on my face, and "Fresh waffle, please!" on my lips. (Dad makes the best homemade waffles. Mmmm...)

Half-way through my light, fluffy, golden brown waffle (complete with homemade blueberry syrup). My mom says,

"I'm so glad you showed up!" (OF COURSE I showed up. Dad was making waffles. I saw it in the text.) "Didn't you think my text this morning was HILARIOUS!?!" I looked at her puzzled. She points to Julie's hair. Poor Bops used too much hairspray last night and her hair looked like a Hurricane Katrina pathway. I pulled out my phone,

"Ooooh! THAT'S what this picture was of!"

"What did you think it was?"

I turned the phone towards her and pointed. There, in the upper left corner of my screen, the only area not obscured by Julie's hair, she saw...

My father making waffles.

No comments: