Friday, March 13, 2009

The Adventures of a late-night packer

So, the adventures are about to begin.

Tomorrow, at 5 a.m., crack-of-dawn-early, me, Shilly, Bax, Erest, and TrevsKate are leaving to visit Trevrika in New York City. SPRING BREAK! (I know, five a.m. is crazy, right? Bax, the insane military man planned our itinerary. Clearly he has issues.)

I will do my best to keep you all up to date with the variety of adventures we encounter along the way.

Tonight, the adventures begin with.... packing.

For those of you who have never attempted to pack a modestly sized bag, you know the challenges: cramming all the high-heels in, making sure the shampoo doesn't burp all over everything, deciding between the variety of straighteners and curling irons at your disposal.

And then, we're going to NEW YORK! I can't just pack my standard break clothes (elastic waisted pants with a variety of sweatshirts). I want to look cute. So there's the whole outfit planning thing. I have trouble picking out an outfit for one day, let alone five. Plus, I don't like things that wrinkle. And, something that I think is cute today, may not be cute the day I have to wear it. (It's a weird mood thing I have.)

Any way, it's 9:53, my first load of laundry isn't even in the dryer yet, I have several sweaters tossed in my bag (just to see what they look like there, not because I've actually decided to take them), and my sweatshirts are currently having a face-off because they all want to go, but I only have room for one.

I think it's going to be a late night...

No comments: