Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When other people dream about you...

I walked into the grad room this morning. I was wearing heels. It was fun to walk.

I had a grocery bag of goodies to stash in my locker, but as I turned to do so, Dawn caught my eye.

Dawn is one of the two "mommys" (that's what we call them) who are completing the graduate program. They actually are moms, and we've all decided that when they finish, we're throwing them a party- we did it without children and thought it was hard...

"Courtney! Seeing you, makes me want to laugh!" (I get this reaction quite frequently.) I grinned.

"Really? Thanks.... I think."

"No! Not like that... you see, my husband and I were talking about you over the weekend." (Uh-oh, what did I do now...) She went on to explain that she thinks her little boy needs therapy and that I would be the perfect person to give it to him. (Aw! As one pseudo-professional to another, that meant a lot.) But the story didn't end there.

"And it must have been because I was thinking about you, but then... I had this dream." (I start to get scared. Real me can't be held responsible for what dream me does.)

"I was at this huge banquet. It looked like the Academy Awards. And all of a sudden, I hear, announced by the MC: "And the award for America's BEST speech pathologist goes to....... COURTNEY BLAKE!" Everyone started clapping, standing ovation, I was personally so impressed at all that you had accomplished. You came up onto the stage, gracefully accepted the award, and turned to the audience to say:

"Thank you, Dawn for having this dream.""

Dawn said she was laughing so hard she woke up her husband. (We were laughing so hard after the story, that we probably could have woken a coma patient.)

I was just relieved to learn that dream me was grateful...

No comments: