Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pet Peeves

I've always told myself that I'm not a very nit-picky person. Not at all. But I think that was a clever lie that I repeated to myself when I wanted to seem like a better person.

I'm very nit-picky.

I'm OCD.

I'm perfectionistic.

And I think I need to get over it.

However, until I decide to actually become a better person I've compiled a list of pet peeves. I know, I know, there are so many better things I could have done with my time.

All well!

1. Whining. Arg. Suck it up and deal with it! (Am I whining right now? hmmm...)
2. The lady who was going 78 mph in a 50 mph zone who I "pulled out in front of" (riiiiiight) and then proceeded to lay on her horn for a good 30 seconds. Puh-lease.
3. When car windshield wipers wipe too frequently. Or are left on after the rain stops.
4. Greasy hair.
5. Stonewash jeans- they did NOT look good in the '80s. They look worse now. Stop wearing them.
6. Larger ladies in smaller clothes. Buy your size.
7. When people open things with their mouths. Ew. Saliva. Yuck.
8. Disobedient children in WalMart. If your child can't take "no" without a temper tantrum- don't take them out in public. Ever.
9. People who think that I need a boyfriend. Okay, actually, I usually love all those people, but the thought that I can't REALLY TRULY be happy without a significant other drives me up the freakin' wall!
10. People who make fun of my family. I'm a hater. I know. It's awful. But bad-mouth my family and you're DEAD.
11. Starting notes in one color ink and finishing them in another.
12. Bad handwriting.
13. Even numbers. Or numbers not divisible by 3.
14. Alfredo sauce. Can't stand it. Or fish.
15. Not having pickles for my hamburger. Very devastating.

I'm not really irate or anything... I just needed a break from being grown-up and responsible. I'm learning that grown-ups whine too, but when I'm pretending to be a grown-up I have to rise above such things and pretend to be as perfect as I always thought I'd be.

Well, my grown-up list of house, car, relationship maintenance is calling. **sigh** I had better go.

I also don't like cleaning out the litter box...

No comments: