Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wordless Learning... (or an empty brain)

Hello, all... such a long sabbatical from my blog has not happened in many moons. In fact, initially 2010 was looking to be my most prolific year yet.

However, that is not to be. Over the past several months I have been sick almost constantly, and have been battling complete incompetence throughout my clinical externship. The combined effect of this duo has been a constant sense of inadequacy, stomach cramps, and anemia.

But God is gracious, is He not? And despite my barely cognizant existence, I have been learning, and growing, and delighting in Him more and more each day. In ways that I would never have been wise enough to discover without external prompting, my God has become a focal part of my life, the delight of my existence, in ways that I never imagined.

What a great God.

All that to say:

I've been learning massive quantities, and occasionally, through my brain would flash a thought: "I need to write about this!" But the anemia, and the pills drained all my big words and energy, and instead I'd just curl up on my couch, under 12 blankets, and doze.

As I'm emerging from my cocoon of maladies, I can hardly wait to recount the numerous hilarious, delightful, painfully-taught lessons that I've learned.

But my written ramblings will have to wait.

I haven't done laundry in a month, and the gush of energy, propelling my thoughts and words is as of yet, still hampered by horse pills and sleepiness.

But someday... someday soon... I'll be writing massive quantities yet again.



(Seriously, if you haven't seen the movie, "Becoming Jane" you need to. LOVE it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is good. Hope you do get better soon. Would love to read about the hilarious stuff.

Monica said...

Aww. I didn't realize you were that sick...Praying for your speedy recovery and some more awesome thoughts on the delight of your existence!