Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Have Emotional Special Needs

I think that my emotions are "challenged."

You know how most people experience some sort of devastating occurrence (loss of a job, a break-up, bad grade, horrible date, family crisis)? They grieve, mourn, get angry, cry, and slowly, as time moves on, their wounds heal and their life returns to normal.

I am incapable of of reacting like a normal individual. Instead, when something happens, I give a little sigh (maybe shed a slight tear), and then I'm back to "fully functioning" without any additional trauma.

However... a little ways down the road, I completely lose it.

At the point in time when most people would finally be "healed" (or at least less affected) I become a blubbering mess who likes to curl up on her couch, sob, and watch movies while drinking masses of chai tea.

My emotions are a little "slow" if you know what I mean. I think they need special ed.

**sigh**

No comments: