Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tonight, as always, Julie-Bop had commandeered my jewelry, in particular, my silver necklace. She was playing with it, abusing it, pulling at it, when all of a sudden the clasp broke and the necklace fell off. Scooping it up, she threw it into my lap and then turned away, eyes innocently cast upward in a "how on earth did that happen?" face.

"Julie." I said soberly. "What happened?"

"Oops."

"Yes, it is an 'oops.' What happened to my necklace?"

"B'oken."

"Yes, it's broken. The poor necklace."

At this point a look of great remorse and pity comes over her face. She leans over the broken necklace and pets it saying "awww."

Yes, some children mourn the death of a pet. My little sis mourns the death of jewelry.

What on earth would we do with out our Bops?

We'd probably have a lot less fun...

And if there were no us, parenting would probably be easier for Dad and Mom...



Such good examples.

3 comments:

Dana said...

Aww, so cute! Connor says the funniest things too! We need to get those two together, they'd be a riot!

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha!! Love the Bops!

Erika Aileen. said...

We're amazing i must say.