Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wordless...

To you, I know not what time has done,
Mistakes, dark pages mixed with burst of gold,
Stories that are eager, but slowly told.
Time wears me, my thoughts, before I’ve begun.

Begun to see what had been given,
Begun to see what I hold inside
Remorse, crashing, thundering, dead tide.
Consumed by the flippant joy of living.

You I left waiting, holding the best,
Ignoring, while you wait day after day.
While I wandered, groping my selfish way,
Struggling, striving, and finding no rest.

Till you gave me a mountain unseen,
And my eyes were opened to my neglect,
My selfish consumption of life I regret.
Neither hot nor cold, but in between.

Love me. Love me still. Love me always.
I am hurting, I am broken. I cry.
Mistakes are marching, marching always by.
Hold me. Help me. Restore my lost days.

Capture. Redeem. Transform. Make brand new.
My life as a symphony soaring aloud.
My heart is humbled, it stands poorly bowed.
Let it stand yet to sing, only for you.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. (I Corinthians 15:10)

No comments: