Friday, June 13, 2008

My "DinkyDo"!


Yay! I could just jump up and down with joy at this very moment. Office protocol, however, frowns upon such demonstrations of jubilation, so I will try to confine my enthusiasm to a blog post.

I made an offer a few days ago on a little tiny home, here in West Lafayette. I asked much less than the listing price, and much less than the prior owner had paid initially. I did not expect my offer to be accepted. I expected it to be laughed at.

But they accepted!!!

I am now the proud owner (almost- still have final papers to sign) of the little, sweet, dinky place pictured above. It's dinky, but it will more than do! (I think I shall call it the "DinkyDo"...)

More comprehensive pics will follow (complete with paint chips and questions about lighting, taste, and shade), but I have to show you just one more thing...
THE APPLIANCES!
I love stainless steel appliances. I've had a weakness for them since the sixth grade. (I know, not many 6th graders notice appliances... I'm odd.) The former owner just installed them right before he had to move. I'd feel sorry for him, except for the fact that he moved to California...

This whole process has been a stretch for me. I was completely and utterly terrified by the enormity of my purchase, but it was a wonderful time to grow in my prayer life and my trust of God. My father has been incredible helping me through all the acronyms and percentiles that plague this industry. I never would have had the courage to see it through without him.
(Well, maybe the appliances would have given me courage...)
:)

2 comments:

M. Kate said...

Congrats, homeowner!!!

I'm jealous of the appliances :-|

Dana said...

A 2 story house! I wouldn't be calling that dinky!!! Congratulations my dear I am very excited for you!