Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I don't think you should draw your life's philosophy from Dove chocolate wrappers...

It has come to my attention that Dove needs to hire someone else to create the inscriptions on the foil used to wrap their dark chocolates. (Their milk chocolate philosophy may be just fine, I have no idea. I'm a dark chocolate connoisseur myself...)

For example:
"Naughty can be nice."
(Anyone who's ever spent significant time- as in 20 minutes- with a two year old would disagree.)
"A smile is worth more than a dozen roses."
(Says who?!? A man so totally wrote that.)
"Love without rules."
(That seems like a dangerous thing to write. What if my version of "loving without rules" was violently possessive (i.e. "stalker girlfriend")? A person prone to such affection should probably be given some guidelines to help them love in a more acceptable fashion.)
"Listen to your heart beat and dance."
(I considered doing this, but then remembered that I live in the 21st century, am German-American, and am thereby excluded from spiritualistic rituals monopolized by 17th century native Americans.)

"Make your eyes twinkle."
(I tried this. They looked squinty. How exactly does one make one's eyes twinkle? How frustrating to be given a command I am clueless as to how to fulfill.)



I think I am putting way to much thought into my chocolate eating...

4 comments:

Dana said...

I remember thinking this same thing at Christmas time. I think I had a wrapper that said "Listen to your heart."

Sounds well and good, but NOT good advice.

Unknown said...

I think you just need to replace chocolates with grapes. They are full of vitamins A and C, folate, and flavonoid antioxidants - and free of misleading maxims.

Communiteez said...

BAZOOKA joe had better 'inscriptions'...hahah


btw-- LUV ur B&W pix!

sweet blog-- keep up the nice work!

blind irish pirate said...

You make your eyes twinkle the same way you make them smile, I imagine, you know, just like Tyra Bankes.