Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mini-Rant (which will be much larger the day grades come out)

So.

Purdue changed their grading scale.

While previously, 90-100% was an A (and anything in that range qualified you for a 4.0), they have revised it, making their system more sensitive. NOW only a 97% and above will qualify you for a 4.0. It is entirely possible, given the new grading schema, to graduate with straight A's and have a 3.7 show up on your transcript.

Forgive me if I sound like a whiney over-achiever, but speaking as someone who relies on the "90% is an A!" rule, I am very, very sad.

What brought this on?

Calculating my grade in one of my higher classes. I don't have an A+.

And I'm ticked.

And robbed of ever achieving a 4.0 in graduate school. (Because, seriously, who gets a 97% or greater in EVERY class? Or rather- who enjoys their existence while getting a 97% in every class?)

So much sadness...

Stupid sensitive scale.

No comments: