Monday, December 15, 2008

Because...

Because he liked me when I had big bangs and a Goodwill wardrobe.
Because when I get angry, he tries not to laugh.
Because he wears the sweater and sports coat he knows that I like.
Because he cut his hair the way I like.
Because when people tell him that he's "whipped"- he shrugs and smiles.
Because he snorts when he laughs, just like me.
Because when I whine or complain, he gently points it out.
Because he can argue the difference between "justified" and "merited," but doesn't.
Because he'll fight with me about the little things (like a game of "pididdle"), but not about the big things.
Because he teaches in Wednesday Night kids of Faith and gets up at 7 a.m. to serve at church.
Because he loves logic, yet lets me be illogical.
Because he knows that he's a depraved sinner. And that I am too. And he still likes me.
Because he serves me HUGE bowls of Mackinac fudge ice cream.


And because after ten years of liking me, he's now my boyfriend. And he doesn't regret it, despite all the opportunities I give him to do so.



(Please pardon my infatuation...)

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did win that game of pediddle on the way back from Indy. 18-0?

Kristi said...

the mere fact that he serves you HUGE bowls of Mackinac fudge ice cream was quite enough :o)

blind irish pirate said...

... two posts in a row. My, my.



:) :)