Friday, September 3, 2010

Sunshine, green tea, and a lack of responsibility

The sunlight is streaming in the coffee house window. A frosted glass of green tea gently mists and drips next to me. I snuggle back in a deep chair and organize my life.

Then this song comes on...





I'm milking these last days of freedom for all they're worth. On Tuesday my job will start, and this peaceful bliss will dissipate, only to return at rare intervals. But for now my nails are flawlessly manicured, my breathing is deep and healthy, and my stress level is at a restful zero. I'm trying to decide which yoga class I'll attend tomorrow.


My heart is happy.

And this green tea is yummy.

3 comments:

Beth H said...

Glad you can have some stress free time! :) So what is your new job?

Anonymous said...

Please update your blog! We've been waiting for 2 long months!!!!!

Monica said...

Courtney,
I miss your writing...