Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day-After Happenings

It's the day after Christmas, and part of me loves this day more than Christmas (although the other part of me argues that one can never top the sparkle and cozy delight of any Christmas morning). The family is "puttering" about... there's really no other word for it.

My father is planning all of 2010 on a spread sheet, while sipping Columbian coffee. This morning we all discovered that he plans his romantic gestures month by month. We hooted and hollered and told mom.

She already knew.

Bops has been pushing her new stroller and baby doll (a boy named "Madelyn") around all morning. There's nothing like waking up to the sound of plastic wheels on ceramic tile...

The boys spent a good hour watching pointless boy humor on YouTube. If some male wants to enlighten me as to the fascination this particular activity holds, please feel free to do so.

My mom looked at 487 pictures on my facebook profile. I sat next to her and taught her how to facebook stalk. I might regret this at some point in time in the future.

And Erika... well, I haven't seen her yet today. My guess is that her frowsy head is buried deep beneath her comforter, as she continues to blissfully snooze.

Christmas vacation is delightful.

2 comments:

blind irish pirate said...

What videos were they watching? I suggest "Star Wars Tribute to John Williams" and "Admiral Ackbar Cereal."

Rae/J said...

bhahaha...your dad is awesome! And of course you mama would already know. She's a smart woman =)