Thursday, November 19, 2009

N' AUHLEANS! (New Orleans)

Good morning, faithful readership! It is bright and early on Thursday morning. In fact, it is so bright and early on Thursday that I haven't even had my Wednesday-night rest.

I'm running on approximately 3 1/2 hours of sleep so everything written from here on out should be taken with a grain of salt.

We are safely camped out in our amazing hotel in the French Quarter (pics to follow, of course!).

We drove thirteen hours.

We are all still friends.

And tomorrow (the purpose of this craziness) begins with registration at ASHA (American Speech and Hearing Association). The annual conference is quite a big deal... There are almost 10,000 speech pathologists gathered to fill New Orleans with J. Crew cardigans and talk of "evidence based practice." Some guys on Bourbon Street told us we "looked like speech pathologists."

I'm not sure how I feel about that....


More updates in the morning, this serves as merely a cursory introduction to our adventures in the deep south!


(P.S. I ate some crawfish for y'all!)

No comments: