Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good morning, Fall! How I love you!

I'm wearing my white scarf.

Being someone who loves white scarves, I own quite a few, but this one is my favorite. My mother purchased it for me last fall when the family went on a trip without totally-swamped-in-grad-school me. It's a thick, cable-knit, with a softness that belies its durability and practicality. I'm not good at choosing practicality over attractiveness, but my mother was able to combine them both in this scarf purchase.

I'm sipping dark, strong coffee.

I love very dark, strong, black coffee. But it must have low acidity, or else even my mouth curdles at the excess harshness. Coffee should be soothingly smooth while still aggressively caffeinated. The Papua New Guinea blend s especially rich and smooth. I'm enjoying my bottomless cup...

I spent the morning outside.

Fall foliage is reaching its most resplendent color hues. This morning David and I went to a cross country meet (Rossville did very well!), and I've decided that my children will run cross-country, if for no better reason that they're some of the most enjoyable meets that I've ever been to, and as a mom I could enjoy them with equanimity (and pack some truly amazing snacks).

Now I'm supposedly studying in a coffee shop. In all reality, I'm trying to find a way to begin my newest venture into fiction and I have have little to no interest in completing the dysphagia report that I'm supposed to be writing. But life is more than swallowing and school. This post has no goal nor a point. It only serves to portray my general contentment with the world right now.

I love Fall.

1 comment:

blind irish pirate said...

I am wearing thermal, a sweater, wool socks and a scarf. I am sewing up my Dad's vest because I'm worn out the pockets. I am happy you went to Ross-Vegas. You said dysphagia and I had a dysphagic horse at that hospital. What fiction are you doing? Are you doing Nanowrimo?