Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Julie-Bop!

I now (officially, according to all the powers that be) have a new little sister.

Whoo-hoo!!!


She has what I've always coveted- long eyelashes, straight hair, and (the crowning achievement) one dimple. Just one. That's perfect.

However, she also has some of the craziest eyebrows that you've ever seen. Her face (because of the funky brows) wears a perpetually worried look that is quite amusing. She hates the mornings, loves to eat, likes to dance "Chicka-bop" (I'll show you sometime...), and gets crazy excited at night. Basically she could be my twin.

My family invented this new game called "Julie tipping." I know it sounds awful, but she loves it. We sit her on the bed, and then take our index finger and point it at her, gradually moving it to her forehead at which point you are to apply pressure and push her over. She flops back on the bed and screams with laughter. Well, after doing this several times in a row, you reach the point where all you have to do is point at her- and she'll flop back of her own volition without you pushing her. And even then she just laughs and laughs and laughs. It's quite amusing to watch.

She's learned to give "kissies" when asked.

And "Dada" is her favorite person in the world.

She hates solid foods.

And cries out of fear when given toys. She hates them. All of them.

She never puts anything in her mouth, although when worried she'll rub her lips worriedly with her index finger.
She bangs her head when bored.

She likes to be held constantly.

There, I believe that's almost all the idiosyncrasies I've observed in the past 36 hours. I write about them so that I won't bore people to death TALKING about her. :)

Going to school is so BORING when there's a little "Julie-bop" at home. (She also goes by "Reuben," "Chicky," "Ju-Ju," "Jules," and "Ju-Ji," depending on her mood. The poor child will never learn her real name...)

I WANT TO GO HOME AND PLAY WITH MY LITTLE SISTER!!!

Bother school...

No comments: