Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On days like these...

On days like these, when I'm exhausted. When I'm starting to feel sick again. When I didn't have time to read my Bible in the morning because I hit the snooze. When I don't understand a single thing that my professors or supervisors say. When I have a paper, homework, and case review to complete after getting home from work at 9. When I don't know how I'm going to get up and do all I need to tomorrow.

When that happens...

The song "How Great is Our God" plays on the radio. I get 8 texts in the morning to keep me smiling. My notes are printed off quickly in the computer lab. I get to talk to my boyfriend on my drive back across town. My mom leaves me a message telling me that she loves me.

And that's when I know...

The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.(Zephaniah 3:17)

1 comment:

The Baker Family said...

Ahh... we serve and AWESOME GOD!! Today has been a day, just like you described. Alas, just when I thought I was going to crumble putting my sweet daughter down to bed, for the millionth time, I realized she just needed some "mommy time" and I needed some "daughter time". We snuggled and talked about all the things Jesus made, and then she went to sleep. To have the eyes and heart of a child.

Thanks for this reminder!